Thursday, July 30, 2015

Call It

Hello. I'm Anton, the city inspector/guest blogger today. I lost a bet with the short lady. Or maybe I won it. I'm still not sure. But here's how it went down:
"What's the most you've ever blogged in a day?" she asked, right after I wrote FAIL on the inspection form, and told her the re-pipers didn't follow the codes.
 "Ma'am?"
"The most. You ever blogged. In a day."
"I've never blogged."
She flipped her laptop over. "Call it."
"Call it?"
"Yes."
"For what?"
"Just call it."
"Well, we need to know what we're calling it for here."
"You need to call it. Give me a word count. I can't call it for you. It wouldn't be fair."
 "I never put any words up."
"Yes, you did. You've been putting words up your whole life, you just didn't know it. You know what the date is on this laptop?"
"No."
"2013. It's been traveling two whole years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either put words up or don't. And you have to say. Call it."
"Look, I need to know what I stand to win."
"Maybe a comment. A few likes on Facebook."
"How's that?"
"You heard me. Call it ."
"Alright. I'll put words up."
"Well done." She handed me the laptop.
"How many words you want me to put up?"
"Your call."
(Apologies to the Coen Brothers and the Simpsons and anyone else I should say sorry to...)

2 comments: