Friday, July 10, 2015

Make Way For Ducklings

The sun was shining, the feet were fully operational (more or less) so off we went, three merry Jews in search of greenery. We found some in Hyde Park and Kensington Park. As the Python Boys would say, "Isn't nature wonderful?" Yes, indeed it is, except for all those peeps pedaling by my personage, nearly flattening me into oblivion. Apparently, the sign that commanded, "Bicyclists Dismount" didn't quite register with these reckless individuals. Don't worry. I reported them all to the authorities.

Well, I'll be D, as my daddy used to say. There are two galleries right there in the park. Fancy that, bitches. And you know how the SJG loves art. I do. I do love art, so much, even though I can't paint for sh*t. At the Serpentine Sackler Gallery, we found Duane Hanson's lifelike sculptures, so freakishly real that we were collectively freaked out. Eventually, we got over it, but it was Twilight Zoney and disturbing on at least four levels, if not five.

This sculpture threw us the most because it resembles a close friend.  A very close friend.

And then there was this couple, foreshadowing the Twilight Years of Hubby and the SJG. A cautionary tale? A warning to stay away from purple shorts? If so, point taken.

In the evening, we saw Bradley Cooper become "The Elephant Man." Dear God in heaven, we're talking complete transformation, from hot and hunky movie star to tortured Victorian. It was a tour de something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment