Sunday, July 19, 2015

Serious London Withdrawal

(Sherman Oaks) The blog must go on. A case of extreme jet lag and an inexplicable fear of lukewarm coffee nearly jeopardized the Short Jewish Gal's ability to write her blog this morning. There were reports that another blogger might step in and ghostwrite her blog for her. But then her allergist, who conveniently lives two blocks away, stopped by and diagnosed her with a rare form of SLW.  "She's got Serious London Withdrawal," the doctor said. "A minute ago, she couldn't stop speaking with that terrible Eliza Doolittle accent of hers, saying, 'I'm a good girl, I am,' sneezing convulsively and singing 'All I Want Is A Room Somewhere.' To shut her the heck up, I gave her a nice big shot of something wonderful and told her to stay away from pollen. She's fine now, I think, but with her, you never know. Just don't ask her to reenact 'Elephant Man.' You're asking for trouble." After her doctor left, the SJG stood on her front step and shouted, to no one in particular, "I'm here and I'm ready to blog now, bitches." She went on to blog with no apparent problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment