Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Bugle-Kugel Connection

The Kugeler 

As the family kugeler, it's my duty to tell you new things about this heavenly dish. In the past, the only word I could find that rhymes with kugel is Google. But today, I've thought of a brand new word that rhymes so beautifully with kugel, I just had to toot about it: Bugle. You heard me. Bugle rhymes with kugel.

The Bugler

Why didn't I think of this before?  Let me consult the assortment of mental health professionals who keep me going, and get back to you. I can tell you this: I mention bugle and kugel in the same breath because a bugle originated from animal horns, and a shofar is made of a ram's horn, and Rosh Hashanah is a time when people eat too much kugel before, during (you never know who's sneaked in a slice in shul) and after the sound of the shofar, and clearly, the shofar is a cousin of the bugle. Whether the shofar and the bugle are still talking, or whether they're pretending they're not related, I can't tell you. But there you have it. The bugle-kugel connection.  You're welcome, bitches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment