Wednesday, June 21, 2017

That Doesn't Add Up

"Did you see that piece they just did on TV?"
"No."
"You'll love this. Some study says left-handed people are better at math than right-handed people."
"Oh, so I'm supposed to be a math genius?"
"No one said anything about genius."
"Don't you get it, handsome? If that study had come out 50 years sooner, who knows what I might've become. A little more encouragement, a little more, "Hey, short leftie-gal, mathematically speaking, you're a winner!" and I coulda been somebody, instead of a math bum, which is what I am, and it's all because those bastards shoved me in Algebra Slow after I got one stinkin' C. Now I have to rethink my whole life."
"Forget I mentioned it."
"Is it too late to re-take my SAT's?"
"I'm going to work now."

No comments:

Post a Comment