Monday, December 11, 2017

I Can Hardly Wait

A conversation with my sons:
Eldest: "I don't want you to go anywhere."
Me: "Now? Or forever?"
Eldest: "Now. Stay home."
Youngest: "Don't go to dance, Ma."
Me: "You'll be asleep on the sofa."
Eldest/Youngest: "True."
Me: "I'll be back at 6:15."
Youngest: "Don't go to dance, Ma."
Me: "When I'm old, I won't go to dance."
Eldest: "You'll dance at home."
Me: "I'll dance with my caregiver."
Eldest: "By then, they'll have robot caregivers you can dance with."
Me: "By then, I may be too tired to dance. I'll just watch."
Youngest: "Ti-ti-time for your ene-ene-enema, Mrs. Schnei-schnei-schneider."
Eldest: "Ti-ti-time for your sponge bath, Mr. Schnei-schnei-schneider." 
Me: "Ti-ti-time for your Depends."
Youngest: "Ti-ti-time for your nappy-kins."
Eldest: "We're getting you a robot caregiver."
Youngest: "We are so doing that, Ma."
Me: "That's very generous, boys. I can hardly wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment