Saturday, July 14, 2018

I Thought You Were Dale!

Exercise and the right kind of foods. Like a Post Grape-Nuts'
breakfast. It helps you stay in good shape. Fills you up, not out.

For absolutely no reason at all, I woke up this morning, took one look at myself in the mirror, and said, "I'm sorry, I thought you were Dale." Maybe I expected to see a much younger version of myself. Maybe I was feeling nostalgic. I haven't eaten a bowl of Grape-Nuts since the early '70s, when a few bites of that tasty gravel lodged in my braces, setting off a world of orthodontic tsouris. I think I finally understand how Mrs. Burke stayed so thin. She must've damaged her jaw eating Grape-Nuts, developed excruciating TMJ, and could only manage a sip of soup before the pain set in.  Please, enjoy this trip down memory lane, courtesy of, who else, your humble SJG. (7-30-12)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol! Mrs. Burke, Dale and I thank you for featuring our family's commercial on your blog (that's my mom Caroline and sister Dale - and I am the 7 year old in the background by the pool). Funny! I'd like to welcome your visitors to enjoy our Family Archives for the commercial:

    BurkesGrapeNuts.com

    Best regards,
    Adam Burke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam, must noticed this comment. Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete