Sunday, July 1, 2018

SJG Bobblehead Night

Three people I adore.

On the way to Dodger Stadium, I asked the gang, "How excited are we for SJG Bobblehead Night?" "What is a bobblehead?" my daughter-in-law inquired. Turns out, in France, they don't randomly hand out bobbleheads in honor of the famous people. What fun is that? So I did my best bobblehead impression, but I don't think she was all that impressed. "I am very happy for you to receive this award," she said, with a soupçon of sincerity. As we sat in the swanky-swank luxury suite, courtesy of hubby's network, she demanded to know when the bobblehead would be presented on my behalf. I hated to disappoint her, this being her first baseball game ever, but just then, a text arrived from the front office, informing me there'd been a horrifying change in plans. "Oh, dear God, no. Apparently, SJG Bobblehead Night has been postponed." "Indefinitely," her husband added. "That is very cruel," she said. "Welcome to America," I said.
The view from swanky town

2 comments:

  1. Must be tough for French daughter-in-law to understand and appreciate the "Real SJG of Sherman Oaks" and your realm with its shape-shifting swings between fiction/fantasy and non-fiction/reality. But nice save by hubby on that bobblehead at bat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God she gets me weird shape-shifting swings!

    ReplyDelete