Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Reclaiming Ten Percent of French

"Ten Percent" aka "Call My Agent" 

Things I've done to relearn my college French by tomorrow, when I meet my daughter-in-law's parents and brother:
An app called Duolingo. 
Result: I can now say, "The girl is eating an apple." "La fille mange une pomme." That's about it. After a few minutes, the app wants money. To that I say, "Non, merci!" 
A CD series called Pimsleur.
Result: After one disc, I can now say, "I speak a little French, not well." "Je parle un peu francais, pas tres bien." 
The best prep of all: a wonderful French series on Netflix, recommended by my DIL, of course. "Dix Pourcent." aka: "Call My Agent." 
Result: I've reclaimed 10 percent of my French. Listening to French people speak French is something I excel at. And my ability to read English subtitles? C'est superbe. Even better, a show about French talent agents and their crazy movie star clients has rebooted my gift for swearing in other languages. Why say sh*t when you can say merde? 
Listen to your SJG and watch "Call My Agent" on Netflix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment