Friday, March 8, 2019

Costume-Obsessed

Carol Burnett wore this dress on her show. 

Lately, I'm costume-obsessed. I'm hanging out the Costume House in NoHo, searching all the racks, stacks, boxes and endless aisles, trying to track down fun ensembles for Brushes: A Comedy of Hairs.
My tour guide on this adventure is the one and only Kevin Bailey, our director and maven on all things theatre. The man has me trying on medieval hats, burlap schmattas, beatnik berets, hippy floral crowns, fringe vests, bedazzled jackets, RBG robes, beige bailiff shirts, kaftans, silvery alien jumpsuits and plenty, plenty wigs. Shaggy wigs, long wigs, curly wigs, pigtail wigs. I've yet to find the wig that approximates my personal hairstyle, but fortunately, I'm not in the show. Plus I'm already wardrobe-challenged enough, what with the curviness and the shortness. These costumes bring me to a whole new level of nothing-ever-fits-me.
I look good here. 

And yet, we're having the best time, mostly laughing at me. When it comes to costumes, I know absolute bupkis. 
If you can't find me, don't panic, I'm over here in the armor aisle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment