Thursday, April 29, 2010

Butterfly Girl Be Gone!

                        Ba-bye, Quirky Girl! Scream on, elsewhere!

Kina hora:  A magical phrase to ward off the evil eye or to show one's praises are genuine and not tainted by envy.   Example:  "I haven't had a cold/parking ticket/jury duty summons in five years, kina hora."  Without the kina hora, trust me, you'll have that cold/parking ticket/jury duty summons by mid-day, tomorrow.  Kina hora is one of the few universal laws I believe in, completely. 

That said, the SJG Reverse Kina Hora Maneuver (patent pending) worked its magic last night, sending the Butterfly Girl named Siobhan home at last.  Rather than name her as the hoped-for bootee, I handpicked Aaron, which wouldn't have been such a loss, and Crystal, which would have been catastrophic, for the bottom two.  This risky move rattled my dear friend Cathy Hamilton (http://www.boomergirl.com/) right to her very core, and for that I apologize, but I had my reasons.  It may have seemed misguided, not to mention just plain wrong, and yet, it was all part of my brilliant strategy.  Despite the best efforts of votefortheworst to keep the Siobhan screamfest alive, the opposite happened.  Clearly, they forgot to say "Keep Siobhan on Idol, kina hora."  And so, thanks to me, Siobhan is gone.  Will I miss her?  Negatory.  Now I must decide who else is worthy of the SJG Reverse Kina Hora Maneuver.  Your thoughts, kind readers?

4 comments:

  1. SJG, thanks for the shout-out AND for working your kina hora voo-doo, mama! I will never doubt your methods, or your madness, again. Thank God Shivers is history. I simply couldn't take another week of it. Mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kina Hora Maneuver,it may be the first Yiddish/Jewish maneuver I think I can practice(OK, that I can remember how to use).I haven't had a gallbladder attack in 2 years, kina hora. Does it count if I don't have a gallbladder, they took it out 2 years ago?

    Your brothers statement, look at the picture above, think like a man, enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I believe I can imagine the contents without much difficulty. I know how the bro thinks!!!!

    ReplyDelete