Saturday, April 10, 2010

You Don't Have To Be Jewish

Every Sunday, and I do mean every Sunday of my childhood, my grandparents came over and the family sat in the den, sipped Coke, ate pretzels and listened to comedy albums.  Sometimes Nicols and May, sometimes Allan Sherman.  Our favorite was, "You Don't Have To Be Jewish."  One-liners from this album punctuate my life.  "When you've got money, you can travel."  "Does that mean you're not coming?"  "We shouldn't mix in."  Here's a classic: "The Reading of the Will." 


The Picasso from back of the store, and everything!

3 comments:

  1. I must be Jew-ish. 'Love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've know this album for over 40 years. I'm not Jewish but from the first time I heard it it invoked a love of Jewish culture and humour that has stayed with me. I never tire of listening to it.

    ReplyDelete