Friday, April 16, 2010

Nice Save

This just in, courtesy of AOL's Popeater:  Overwhelmed by the stress and pressure of being on 'American Idol,' contestant Crystal Bowersox threatened to walk off the show. 'Idol' host Ryan Seacrest stepped in and had a quick heart-to-heart with her in the show's parking lot, TMZ reports. Sources claim Bowersox told him she couldn't handle the competition and didn't like all the media attention and threatened to move back to Ohio to be with her family.Luckily, Seacrest convinced the 'Idol' hopeful to stick it out. He pushed the fact that if she won she'd get a recording contract and become a millionaire. Guess that was enough to make her stay. According to TMZ, Seacrest told her, "The greatest thing I ever did was make enough money so I could buy my mom a house. You can buy your mom a house."

Does the SJG buy this particular TMZ-zizzy?  Let me give it a good think.  Let me wipe a wee bit of volcanic ash from my eyes.  Let me cogitate.  Hang on, almost there.  The verdict:  Yes, I do, sorta kinda, believe it, with reservations for one.  It smacks (suspiciously) of Susan Boyle's high dramarama, when the world expected her to win, and she didn't, and she cracked, and then got help, and then became a mega star, a very shaky one, but still, HUGE. 

Nothing in MamaSox's life has prepared her, or any of the other contestants, for this Idol fish bowl loonity, so I can see her in tears, in the parking lot, with Ry-Ry talking her off the ledge.  How did TMZ nab this story?  Inside intel, courtesy of Ry-Ry himself?  Unless they had someone planted there in the parking lot, how else?  I can so see Seacrest (say that three times, I dare ya) tipping them off.  Given his wackiness Tuesday night, his talented-tongue reference, his dancing with a big n' beefy former contestant in the middle of Tim Urban (Turban!)'s song, his success producing that Jamie Oliver "America's a Big Fatty" show, Ryan is on a roll of his own making (whitebread, extra mayo) and there's no stopping him now.  Why not put "I Saved MamaSox" out there?  Make himself a hero?  Especially when people are questioning what drugs you were taking the other night, and comparing you to Paula Abdul?  Why not, indeed.  Good timing, Ry.  Good on you.   Nice save, my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment