Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kvell-Time

Check me out!  I'm the stunning redhead next to Elton John

This morning, I call up Connie Ray in New York, and share some exciting news.  "Did you hear?"  "Hear what?"  "The news, silly."  "Oh?  Is there big news today?"  "Uh, yeah.  The show I'm starring in on Broadway got two Tony nominations!" "That's fantastic.  You must be excited."  "Excited.  Honored.  This is major kvell-time."  "Kvell-time?"

 "Basically, I'm going freakin' nutso.  I'm so honored, so proud, I don't know what to do."  "I bet," she says. "This is a dream come true, Connie, on so many levels, you have no idea."  "I can only imagine." "Best play.  Best director.  Last year, we were off-Broadway, this year, Broadway, Tony nominations.  I can't wait to tell Elton."  "Elton?"  "Sir Elton John.  Maybe you've heard of him?  He's the exec producer."  On the other end, a long pause.  "Well, I'm so happy for you."  "Thank you.  That means a lot."  "There just one little thing I'd like to point out."  "What's that?"  "I'm in the Tony-nominated play, not you."  "Come again?"  "You're not in 'Next Fall,' Carol.  I am, silly." "Sorry, bad connection."  "We've been over this before."  "We have?"  "Many times."  "Guess it slipped my mind."  "See you in two weeks."  "Can't wait."  "Me, too."  "Congrats, Connie.  I'm kvelling as we speak."  "Thank you."  "Hey, Connie?  Maybe while I'm in New York, you can help me pick out a dress for the Tonys."  "Oh, lord."  "Something really sparkly and blinding."  "I gotta go."  "Silver, maybe."  After that, the line goes dead.  She's probably out shopping for my dress right now.  What a gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment