Monday, May 31, 2010

A Window Into Sex...

                                     ... and the City 2
On my recent trip to NYC, I got all farklempt when I discovered the "SATC 2" window displays at Bergdorf Goodman.  I snapped a few digital shots to capture the moment of anticipation.  Oh, I couldn't wait to see the movie, even though, based on the previews, I had a strong hunch that this desert adventure, complete with camels and burkas, would turn out sucky.  But that's never stopped me before.

Once I'm hooked, I'm hooked, no matter how tragically flawed, how snooze-inducing, how misguided the entertainment in question.  I refer you to my devotion of "American Idol," Seasons 1 - 9.  I don't care how bad it gets, I'm in it for the long haul.  That's just the kind of loyal Short Jewish Gal I am, people.  I'll find something to like, if it kills me. And so, on Saturday, I got dolled up in my finest couture.  I touched up my bright pink toenails till they sparkled.  I sprayed, I gelled, I gooped up my hair til I reached 5'4," and off I went to the Arclight, a vision straight out of Vogue, ever so full of myself.  It was all about "check me out" and "look at me."  I sat down and nibbled my popcorn and sipped my Diet Coke.  Giddy females and a few brave dudes surrounded me on all sides.  Man, was this crowd in a party mood.  The lights went out and we started clapping, just cuz we felt like it.
                                Now put your hands up!
We wanted glamour and hilarity, and early on, we got a heap:  A gay wedding.  Liza Minnelli singing "All the Single Ladies."  Big fun.  After that, it was pretty much downhill, I'm afraid.  The girls went off to Abu Dhabi for no discernible reason, other than to find a plot for the movie.  They failed, but they looked fabulous, and, let's face it, that's the point.  We go to ew and ah and escape, and in my case, to get in a little nap.  I looked more rested when I came out than when I went in, so for me, it was an afternoon well-spent.

2 comments:

  1. Like you... I was vested. I had to see the girls. They didn't disappoint. The movie had it's moments. So did WE. One of the high points came, when my BFF asked for tickets to get in. "Two seniors for SEX." The young boy waiting on us couldn't stop laughing. As if that was funny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dare he make fun. Bad boy! Deserves a spanking.

    ReplyDelete