Monday, February 14, 2011

Gift Ideas

What did hubby give me this year?
Hubby walks into the Lingerie Department of Macy's. He tells the saleslady, "I would like a Jewish bra for the SJG, size 34B." With a quizzical look the saleslady asks, "What kind of bra?" He repeats, "A Jewish bra. She says to tell you that she wanted a Jewish bra, and that you would know what she wanted." "Ah, now I remember," says the saleslady. "We don't get as many requests for them as we used to. Most of our customers lately want the Catholic bra, or the Salvation Army bra, or the Presbyterian bra." Confused, and a little flustered, hubby asks, "So, what are the differences?" The saleslady responds. "It is all really quite simple. The Catholic bra supports the masses, the Salvation Army lifts up the fallen, and the Presbyterian bra keeps them staunch and upright." He muses on that information for a minute and says,"Hmm...I know I'll regret asking, but what does the Jewish bra do?" "Ah, the Jewish bra," she replies, "makes mountains out of molehills." (Big thankie to Sandy Russell for sending this hilarity to me!)

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! You could headline in the Catskills!
    Happy Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ba-dum-bump! (That's my best rim shot.) Very funny. And, yes, my Catholic bra is supporting the masses, altho' not as well as it used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Jewish bra kvetches: oy, take me off, already, too tight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take that joke ... Please!

    P.S. Happy Lovefest Valentine Dayness!

    ReplyDelete