Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ladies Literary Lunch

Caroline Leavitt
Today I get to meet the lovely and talented Caroline Leavitt, author of "Pictures of You," at a ladies literary lunch.  Any man who dares to crash the ladies literary lunch will be forced to wear high heels and a hat and speak in alliteration.  Or so I'm told.  I could be wrong about that.  I'm excited to dress up like a lady, if only for today, to lose the sweatpants and comfy slippers, put on my suede boots and say hey, in person, to my online writing teacher from UCLA Extension's Novel 1.  She's a sophisticated, tortoise-loving New York gal, still shaking off the snow, and I'm hoping that once she sees the sights of Manhattan Beach, it will be so easy to convince to her to forget NYC and take up literary residence in the home of the SJG.  What could be more rewarding than holding my hand while I finish my novel, which has only been gestating since 1958.  Everyone agrees it is taking me too eff'n long to complete, but maybe Caroline can point me toward the light.  I'm sure her mispocha back home will understand that staying with me, indefinitely, is for a good cause. 
NY Times Bestseller


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I so wish I could attend your ladies literary lunch. I have some suede boots, too! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the next one, BG. I will try to represent for us both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: Your Book ... finish it at your own pace ... please.

    ReplyDelete