Monday, February 21, 2011

Look What Came In The Mail

RSVP:  Oh, hell yes!
The official Prince of Wales website confirms "the groups" that have been invited to the Royal wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.  The site also says that of the 1,900 people invited to the service, only "around 600" have been invited to the lunchtime reception at Buckingham Palace given by The Queen. And "around 300 people" have been invited to the dinner at Buckingham Palace given by The Prince of Wales."  The SJG can now reveal that I made the cut.  After all, I am their spiritual and cultural guide to all things Jewish.  Don't act so surprised, people.  I deserve to be there.  Trust me, I've worked hard for this.  With Passover just around the bend, do you have any idea how hard it was to teach these two the Four Questions in Hebrew? They still can't pronounce afikomen, but they do have some wonderful ideas about where to hide it.  So.  Look for me at all the royal festivities, handing out the challah and helping the couple find just the right moment to spring the big news:  "We've converted.  L'chaim!"

7 comments:

  1. Where to hide it. why did I immediately think of prince charles comment about camilla? (where he'd like to live). ugh.

    anonymous = mc, your fb friend. again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear SJG, I just realized from Boomer Girl you have your own wonderful blog! How did I miss this? I am blog addicted, so you have some wonderful company on my bookmark page. Having grown up Catholic, we have a lot in common, lol. I have two sons, a wonderful husband, a retirement house under total renovation and my parents, who are 86 and 90. Oh, and I'm growing my hair out to it's natural silver color. :). Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay, a new friend. I'm so happy. I wrote for Boomergirl for years as the Showbiz Kid, if you read it a few years ago. Welcome, Marguerite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And MC: hilarity!!!!! So funny!!!! You made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it is not too difficult ... please accidentally have a nice chotchky from the Palace "fall" into your purse. Your Brother expects a souvenir please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right...we must have been separated at birth. I'll be hat shopping tomorrow. I'm going for that "Four Weddings and a Funeral" look! How do you say "cheerio" in Yiddish?

    ReplyDelete