Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Past Lives Pavilion

"Defending Your Life"
It's true, I ponder a lot of silly things throughout the day.  But one thing I never ponder is who I might've been in a past life.  The idea that I've been recycling the same genetic bounty of angst for centuries doesn't thrill me on any level, so why go there?  What's that?  Why so negative about past lives?  Why not open myself up to past life options that don't involve fighting for my own survival? Why not entertain some loftier karmic past life possibilities?  Why not emulate my good friend Bella? (Disclaimer: I don't actually know any non-fictional gals named Bella, do you?) Bella is one of those gals who was just born confident. She came out of the womb in charge, ready to reorganize and reinvent. Ask Bella who she was in a past life and she doesn't even hesitate. Bella knows exactly who she was:  Emperor of Japan.  If Bella believes she was Emperor of Japan, who am I to doubt her?  She manages a business empire of her own, and has more chutzpah, ambition and dedication than anyone I've ever encountered.  So, if anyone was ever qualified in a past life to be Emperor of Japan, it would definitely be Bella. I have no problem with her powerful legacy.  I'm happy for her. In my own case, however, I don't need to see a chart, hit rewind or visit the Past Lives Pavilion to know I've always been a nervous background player, an observer of the insanity.  Let Bella run Japan in the past.  I'd rather sip my nice warm sake in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment