Saturday, June 14, 2014

Don't Come Back Later


Friday night, 5:15ish.  Ding dong.
"@#$%!"
"Bark bark bark."
Ding dong.
"Bark bark bark."
"@#%%!  Hang on!"
"Bark bark bark."
"Dusty, chill... Yes?"
"Hi.  I'm from -- "
"This isn't a good time."
"I know, right?  It's the worst time in history.  Our planet is dying.  Did you know that -- "
"The Kings are playing."
"They are?"
"Right now.  Men with beards who spit a lot are going back and forth on the ice, with big sticks, chasing a puck."
"Oh."
 "It's actually very exciting."
"I bet."
"You've picked the worst time in history to go door to door asking for money."
"But I didn't get to that part yet."
"I'm closing the door now."
"Can I come back later?"
"Sure.  After the World Cup ends."
"Which is when?"
"@#$% if I know."

No comments:

Post a Comment