Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Get Your Matzoh Here

Passover is upon us. How do I know this? Because Gelson's tells me so. One foot in the door and it's matzoh central. Over here you can order Seder for Eight, Seder for Eighteen, Seder for, God forbid, Eighty-Eight. Over there you can get your pre-chopped charosis, your matzoh ball soup, your tzimmes, your potato kugel. In a few days, the macaroons will be out, chocolate and plain. Don't forget the honey cake. It'll be there, too. Gelson's tells me it's Passover this weekend. Which in the SJG world is the most helpful reminder of all: Keep tradition alive. Set the table today. One less thing to worry about. It'll be a small group this year. Much smaller than I'd like. But these people of mine, they still need to eat. Who am I to deprive them?

No comments:

Post a Comment