Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Coat of Many Colors

We'll take one of each
My old friend Mickey, a nice boy who grew up in a little town called Westwood, has been losing sleep over our paint situation. Today he came up with a genius solution:  "Your story reminded me of an episode back in the late 60's or so.  A house around the corner from us in Westwood was selected for a Sherwin Williams TV spot.  Perhaps you can take a page from their script:  The entire house was painted in vertical multi-color stripes.  The point was to demonstrate the paints' ability to cover all with a single coat of white paint.  But the multi-stripe thing....kind  of Biblical with the coat of many colors.  Seriously, give it some thought.  The neighbors will really love you."  This man is a doctor.  He knows his sh*t. 

4 comments:

  1. I remember riding my bike past that house painted multi-colored in Westwood! It was on Hilgard Avenue across from UCLA! Thanks for the memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to find a photo of it online and couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont remember that at all. I had such a deprived childhood.
    Anonymargit.

    ReplyDelete