Saturday, April 30, 2011

Save Me A Slice

Groom's cake courtesy of McVities
The wedding was lovely, even without the chuppah.  The happy couple.  The crazy hats.  The double kiss.  The ride in the Austin Powers car.  Fabulous.  The SJG watched the highlights.  Mainly, I scanned the church for Jews.  I didn't see any, but my mother-in-law tells me there was a diplomat on the list named Sussman.  So, one Jew at the Royal Wedding.  It's a start.  I'm sure they koshered the menu on his behalf.  Personally, I just wanted the groom's cake.  It's all I thought about.  I'm crazy about McVities.  A devotee since my days in England.  The SJG studied there.  Oh yes I did.  Education Abroad.  1978. The year I  fell madly in love with McVities.  The chocolate ones.  It was a mutual attraction.  Those digestive bikkies clung to my tush and would not let go.  I spent my early 20s working them off.  I love them to this day.  I blush just thinking about them.  I dream of them at night.  Haven't eaten one since 1979.  Better keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment