Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Handcuff King

Houdini:  Jewish Escape Artist
Today, the magician (Mr. John Starr) and his lovely assistant (the SJG) will travel to the Skirball Museum to see the Houdini Exhibit.  We'll escape the humdrum of daily life, put reality on hold, and visit the master of illusion. I spent my childhood enabling my brother's magic trick habit.  Perhaps you caught our act in the family living room?  He would conjure amazing things out of nowhere, flowers and scarves and whatnot, make milk disappear, make tiny colored balls move from this cup to that cup, astonish the audience with his sleight of hand.  And I would... what would I do?  Stand there and hand him stuff, mainly.  He still performs on request.  You should see his work with balloons. Prestidigitation, anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Ladies & Gentlemen I present my ever lovely Magician's Assistant Madam Carol Starr Schneider!! Allakazam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete