Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's A Fridge

All day, well-wishers dropped by to meet the new fridge.  They brought muffin baskets and briskets, balloons and casseroles, flowers and hand-knitted booties.  "Mazel tov!"  "Use it in the best of health!"  "Oh, it's adorable."  "Was it a long delivery?"  "A fridge only a mother could love."  "It's so shiny." "It's so pretty."  "French doors?  Fancy-schmancy."  "Such a deal."  "Such a mitzvah." "Oy, I'm so jealous." "Can I borrow your fridge?"  "I hope you'll be very happy with your new fridge."  "I've seen nicer."  "I've seen bigger."  "What's the big deal?  It's a fridge."  "Are you done bragging about your goddam fridge?" No.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps I am mistaken but it looks like there may be a photo missing of someone's brother and his boyfriend that used to be on one's old broken down fridge tossed into the garbage heap. Not unlike memories ripped from a magnet & never replaced.

    Waaaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!!!!!!!! I haven't put photos up yet....

    ReplyDelete