Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Bar Mitzvah Mom

Saturday Night Fever:  Kiki (purple dress) gets her groove on
The Bar Mitzvah Mom, aka, Kiki O'H had her attorney inform me that there will be serious legal consequences if I don't devote today's blog to the wonder that is Kiki O'H.  So, under duress, I'm going to tell you more about her.  This gal, a real looker with thick lustrous hair I would kill to have, knows how to throw a gala.  Kiki O'H was born with the party gene.  Ever since I met her, when was that, back in the '90s, I believe, I have marveled at her ability to entertain the troops.  Yes, Kiki O'H is all about making people feel special when they're far from their personal zip code.  Over the years, we have traveled to various locales just to bathe in the splendor that she creates.  That time in Chicago when she married our very close friend "Ralph"?  Spectacular.  "Ralph's" 50th in NYC?  A veritable glam-a-rama.   A festival of fun.  Oh, and that time I stayed with the O'Hs?  Kiki treated me like I was visiting royalty.  The rest of the O'Hs?  Not so much.  The kids kept asking, "Is that the new nanny?"  But Kiki O'H made me feel good about myself.  This past weekend, she outdid herself.  There was the pre-Friday Night services gourmet buffet.  There was the post-Bar Mitzvah banquet of hors d'oeuvres, followed by the sumptious, super-delish din-din.  There was a Sunday brunch we didn't attend for selfish reasons (we were airborne at the time) and I'm sensing a little bitterness on her part, a little disappointment.  But Kiki O'H, I will make it up to you the next time you wing west.  I will eat two bagels in front of you.  I will eat lox and white fish.  Then I will tell you whatever you served in Scarsdale was so much better.  In case I haven't said it enough, Kiki O'H is the hostess with the mostess.  She even took time out of her hosting duties on Saturday night to teach me this move, which I had not yet worked into my repertoire:
I learned this from Kiki
So thank you, Kiki O'H, for doing what you do.  You are the Bar Mitzvah Mom.  The SJG salutes you. Now call your attorney and say, "Never mind."

6 comments:

  1. Remember when Elaine danced......

    .......yada...yada...yada baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I seem needY to you? My goal in life is to one day be as comfortable a dancer as you are.
    Ruby misses you and wants to know when Dusty is coming with to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, granted I'm a shiksa, but Schneider I get. Schotze, I get. But O'Hoffman? What kind of a Jewish-Irish hybrid is that? Glad you had fun on your trip. I'm nominating you for the next season of DWTS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bar mitzvah gal, we are all needy. Tell Ruby I miss her and so does Dusty. One day they will be together when labs are allowed to marry.

    And BG, O'Hoffman is a silly hybrid I invented. This family is Cuban-Jewish. I made them sound Irish-Jewish because I like to wield my power.

    ReplyDelete