Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nedly

Mazel tov!
This morning's news has filled me with great joy.  I'm near-giddy to learn that my Warner Avenue comrade, my dear friend, the only man I know who can operate a forklift, you heard me, I'm talking about high-powered politico Mayor Ned Davis, has scored a big win in the cutthroat politics of Westlake Village.  Ned has been re-elected to the City Council!  The whole thing continues to fascinate and baffle the SJG.  First he ran for City Council and won, and then he got to be Mayor, and then he had to run for City Council again.  I don't get it, but I love it so much, I think we should bring this local ego control to Washington.  Elect a senator, and just when he's getting a little too comfy, a little too thrilled with himself, send his tush back to his humble roots in the state senate, and then make him run for Senate again.  Greatest idea ever!  I plan to bring it up with Ned on Saturday.  Fingers crossed that his political clout extends to Sherman Oaks.  There's this street I live on that needs to be repaved. 

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps this should send the SJG in pursuit of a new career. Nobody rules like the SJG. (Is Queen an elected position in California?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mick, help get me elected host of the Oscars. Queen of the Oscars. Royal Highness of the Oscar-cast.

    ReplyDelete