Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Storey Telling

Every struggle I've ever encountered, according to my dad, has been character building.  By now, my character is a major highrise.  In the past ten weeks, I've tried this concept out on the college boy, at least 132 times. As fall quarter winds down today,  he's added a few storeys to his own construction site.  He's lived alone.  He's helped a roommate move in.  He's attempted to cook his own cuisine, which explains all the Domino's Pizza charges.  He's attempted to learn Italian, which explains all the tutor charges.  He's pondered and re-pondered what the hell he should major in, and in his noble quest, came up with a non-existent gem:  Hip Hop. If only he could major in Hip Hop, he would be so happy.  But he can't.  Who said life is fair?  Tomorrow, he comes home to his mother.  He needs a break from all that character building.  Winter quarter, I'm sure he'll be adding another floor to the site.  I hope the permits come through.

2 comments: