Sunday, September 10, 2017

A Bad Hair Night

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale of a surprise party on a yacht. A three-hour tour of the Marina.  A gathering of friends to celebrate the Magnificent Maddy. There was champagne. There was dancing. There was an important revelation about the SJG on a yacht. Some people look wonderful with the wind blowing in their hair. Some people look marvelous on a yacht. And then, there's me.
In terms of grooming, I had a bad hair night. The kind of bad hair night that should never be captured, photographically. Hubby, of course, looked dashing. "I want to learn to sail," he said at some point in the evening. "Be my guest," I said. "I will stay ashore." Here I paused for effect. "The sea is not my friend." So ends my tale of a surprise party on a yacht. If you decide to throw me a surprise party when I turn 60, please hold it in a hair salon. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment