Saturday, September 2, 2017

I'll Take Romance

"Romantics Anonymous"

Lately, the soon-to-be married eldest son is all about France, and can you blame him? He's been there so many times I've lost count. He's learning to speak French. And there's one other thing about France I'm forgetting to mention. What could it be? Oh, right. Pardonez moi for not mentioning it sooner. He's marrying a lovely French gal, soon, kina hora, soon. And so, given this fixation, he's all about watching and recommending French movies. And since it's been well-established that the SJG and hubby pretty much do whatever our sons tell us to do, when he said, "You've gotta see 'Romantics Anonymous'," we got busy trying to find it. Well, I tried to find it and hubby sat on the Laz-Z-Boychick, staring at a handheld device. "It's on Netflix," I said with glee. Hubby said, "@#$%'n @#$%." "Stop reading the news. We're about to get romantic, cinematically." I grabbed the 82 remotes required to find Netflix on the Blu-Ray and went a-searching. "It said they had it." He looked up from the handheld device of doom. "Who said they had it?" "Netflix." Alas, no matter how many times I searched and spelled out "Romantics Anonymous," the movie didn't pop up on the screen like all good movies should. "Oh, @#$%," I said, weeping uncontrollably, "they don't have it, those lying bastards. Maybe it's on Amazon." 
Because I worry about your blood pressure, I'll spare you the total aggravation of that discovery phase, what with this code and that password and seriously, why do they make me do this every time I want to watch something on Amazon, don't they know who I am, and tell you this. My efforts were rewarded. "Romantics Anonymous" started up and within two seconds hubby and I looked at each other and said at the same time, further proof that we've been married 37 years, "We saw this." In fact, we had seen it so long ago that we only remembered the opening and the basic premise, so delightful it's worth watching again, about two shy chocolatiers who fall in love, in French! With English subtitles! So, my dearest friends of my tiny personal blogosphere, if you have the fortitude and the wherewithal and the sticktoitiveness required, the SJG orders you to watch "Romantics Anonymous" as soon as possible, even if you've seen it already. It's that good. Would I ever steer you wrong? Not intentionally. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely tale and so well told. But, no, I don't have the fortitude and the hubs doesn't do subtitles. Sacre bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kiki! I should've said kina hora, because last night we couldn't watch anything on Netflix due to something Howie can only explain via @#$#'n U-verse, @#$%'n ATT. xo

    ReplyDelete