Monday, September 18, 2017

And The Emmy Goes To...

... 'The SJG of Sherman Oaks for Best Early Bird Kugel."
"Wowza, this is so surreal. I mean, so unexpected. I have so many people to thank. I'd like to start with the Goddess of Kugel, who made me what I am today. I'd like to thank my agent, may he rest in peace. I'd like to thank the community at large, for accepting an uncomplicated, unadorned, palate-pleasing noodle dish that everyone can enjoy, with the exception of the Lactose Intolerant. Most of all, I'd like to thank my adoring family for this amazing, yet well-deserved award, even though some of them will tell you I pretty much gave them no choice. It was either the gold statuette or disinheritance. Clearly, they made the right choice, although, just between us, I thought I heard someone at the table make a reference to the slightly burnt edge, which, I assure you, was the fault of the oven, and the fact that my timing might be a little off on account of all the Benadryl."

No comments:

Post a Comment