Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Double Date

Join me, won't you, as I step into the SJG Time Machine (patent pending) and meet up with my adolescent self at Wil Wright's in Westwood Village for a hot fudge sundae.  
Aging SJG:  Wow. You're looking good.
Adolescent SJG:  Thankie. Are those wrinkles on our face?
Aging SJG:  No. They're road maps to our soul.
Adolescent SJG:  I think I'll start using moisturizer, just in case.
Aging SJG:  It couldn't hurt. You might cut back on the sunbathing, too. So, met any cute boys lately?
Adolescent SJG:  There's this one guy in math class. But the girl in front of me likes him.  So I'm helping her write him funny notes.
Aging SJG:  You've always been a giver. A regular Cyrano. What's his name?
Adolescent SJG:  Howard something.
Aging SJG:  You want in on a secret?
Adolescent SJG:  Always.
Aging SJG:  Spoiler Alert.  You marry him.
Adolescent SJG:  What? No way. He doesn't even like me.
Aging SJG:  Give him time.
Adolescent SJG:  You're making me nervous.
Aging SJG:   I'm good at that.
Adolescent SJG:  Well, cool it. I don't want to know anything else.
Aging SJG:  But I know so much about our life.
Adolescent SJG:  Keep it to yourself.
Aging SJG:  What fun is that?
Adolescent SJG:  Fine. Tell me one more thing.
Aging SJG:  Math isn't your friend. Neither is the girl trying to steal our future hubby.
Adolescent SJG:  But she's nice.
Aging SJG:  It's the nice ones you have to look out for.
Adolescent SJG:  Okay, now you're just trying to scare me.
Aging SJG:  Of course, I am. I didn't come all this way for my health.
Adolescent SJG:  Can I have some of your fudge?
Aging SJG:  No.  Get your own.  
10-30-13

No comments:

Post a Comment