Monday, October 30, 2017

I Like The Furry Guy

Justin Turner: The Furry Guy 
(Sherman Oaks) History was made over the weekend when the SJG watched not one, but two games of the World Series. On Saturday night, she watched the entire game. "It helped that the Dodgers won," she said in an exclusive interview at her palatial estate. "I like winners." She continued, "Don't tell hubby, but I really like the big furry guy with the red hair." On Sunday, however, she watched on and off. "I was there for the last two innings," she said, proud of her accomplishment. "I even turned off 'Outlander,' to catch the end of the game. Do you know how hard that was for me? I had high hopes. I was feeling good. At 10:30, when the game was tied at 12-12, the youngest son called. He couldn't believe I was still watching, and his father, the man who'd gotten him hooked on sports when he was still a toddler, had moved on. It was a rare sports-related mother-son moment. But then, in the 10th inning, the Dodgers lost. I don't like losers. I cried myself to sleep."
The SJG went on to explain her sporadic love of the Dodgers took hold in high school, when she used to get free seats to the games, thanks to membership in some hoity-toity academic organization.  "I believe I may have bought my way into that club. I took my dad to the games, and we never sat in the designated seats because they were awful. We picked the best empty seats, until security told us to move. We'd just play dumb, say, 'Oh whoops, sorry, these aren't our seats?' and find even better seats. We spent the entire game moving around the stadium." As for Tuesday night, the SJG said she's willing to give the Dodgers one more chance to tie up the series. "My daddy wouldn't give up on them, and so, neither will I, not until I get so bored I have to go back to 'The Voice.' It's the knock-out rounds, ya know."

No comments:

Post a Comment