Sunday, September 2, 2018

How Much Is That Tchotchke In The Attic?

"Honey?"
"Yes, honey?"
"I just read another one of those stories that drives me meshuggie."
"What doesn't drive you meshuggie?"
"You, most of the time."
"That's next year's anniversary card."
" 'Thanks for not driving me meshuggie most of the time.' "
"So what was the story you read?"
"One of those 'old tchotchke turns out to be worth gazillions' stories."
"How old was it?"
"18th Century."
"That's not that old."
"That's plenty old in my book."
"What was it?"
"A Chinese vase stashed in a shoebox in an attic in France."
"How much did it go for?"
"Nineteen million doll-hairs."
"Sweet."
"Do we have anything like that in a shoebox in our attic?"
"Not that I'm aware of."
"Go take a look, honey."
"I'll take a look when I'm done shredding."
"The shredding can wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment