Friday, September 28, 2018

Like This

I don't know about you, although I hear good things, but lately, I can't seem to get away from my TV. My TV and me, we're... 

"Like this." In fact, some days, like yesterday, we're practically inseparable. 

Yesterday, I looked like this gal, without the lustrous blond hair and nice attire. All day, I sat on the sofa in my SJG Signature Schlepwear, Sir Blakey by my side, toggling between tears and disbelief. I can't remember the last time I devoted the majority of my day to something so mortifying. Something  that looked...

Like this incredibly brave woman, Christine Blasey Ford. 

And like this beer-loving legal prick. 

The whole time, I felt like this, wondering why we're still stuck 
in this place of national disgrace. 

At the end of this disturbing marathon, I found no answers. 
But I'll keep searching, and I know you'll do the same.  
Because at the end of the day... 

We're in this thing together. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember when I sat in front of the TV for nine hours straight; mesmerized. I think I brushed my teeth. Now, barring a miracle, crying even more. Sometimes even Sister P has her faith tested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, sistah. The rabbi has the same issues xo

    ReplyDelete