Thursday, September 6, 2018

My Favorite Troublemakers

The Laughing at Lifers certainly lived up to our reputation while celebrating Sister Phyllis' 80th and our one-year workshop anniversary. Captured here: one of the calmer moments. Not captured here: An ABBA-inspired song and questionable dance version of "I Have A Dream," involving batons, rain sticks, scarves, swaying, dosey-doing with your corner gal, and a grapevine around the living room.
Here I am with my favorite troublemakers. It was all fun and games till the cops arrived, courtesy of all the noise complaints, and carted the SJG off to jail. "We hear you're the ringleader," a hunky officer said as he cuffed my hands behind my back. "Ringleader, schmingleader. I'm a rabbi, I tell ya. A rabbi." "You got any proof?" "My word is proof enough." "Get in the car." "You forgot to read me my rights." "You have the right to get in the car." "Better." As they took me away for unruly behavior, I yelled out to Sister Phyllis, "Call my attorney Shmuley Von Kugel. I've got him on speed dial. He'll listen to you. You're a nun." "I'm a nun like you're a rabbi." "Fair enough. Happy birthday. See you after I make bail."

No comments:

Post a Comment