Monday, September 10, 2018

The Daily Schlep

At 90, my father-in-law has had plenty tsuris, including a pitstop at the ER just a few days ago for a bout of vertigo. But the old Brooklyn Jew loves when his family gathers round for Rosh Hashanah. And despite the various elderly issues, the daily schlep of existence, he certainly hasn't lost his cheeky sense of humor. "Skippy," I yell from the far end of the table, "would you like a little kugel?" Without missing a beat, he says, "I'd like a little blonde."
And now I'm off to temple, to sit by myself and represent my entire mispocha of kvetchers. The SJG wishes you a sweet new year. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and all your family Carol. Best wishes from Brighton Gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brighton Gal. Shana tovah to you and yours xo

    ReplyDelete