Sunday, November 4, 2018

Houseguests

"Does anyone want to help me write my blog today?"
"Not particularly." - Youngest son
"What about you there, on the couch? Any ideas?"
"Write about the decline of Western Civilization." - Eldest son
"I did that the other day. Won't someone help me? My brain isn't working. I may have gained an hour of sleep, but I've lost an hour of sanity. Hey you, the tall one stealing the last cup of coffee. Any suggestions?"
"No." - Youngest son
"How about explaining to my vast, international readership why my two grown sons and daughter-in-law have spent the night. Again."
"Because we're lazy bums." - Eldest son
"What about you in the kitchen. Before you devour that croissant, explain why you're here."
"Why?" - Youngest son.
"Because I said so."
"I don't know, Ma."
"Were you already evicted from your new apartment?"
"Not yet."
"And you, over on the couch, what's your excuse? Were you and your darling wife evicted yet?"
"Yesterday. We're moving back in permanently. Is that okay?"
"No."

No comments:

Post a Comment