Monday, November 5, 2018

The Public Has Spoken

Thousands have signed a new petition trying to prevent the SJG from recording a tribute album to Ethel Merman. "All day long, she sings like Ethel," said an unidentified family member. "You think that's bad? She makes up crazy lyrics. You want an example? 'There's no laundry like my laundry like no laundry I know.' 'Everything's coming up coffee.' 'You're the top. You're a dog named Blakey...' Someone has to stop her. I can't do it alone." The petition has currently received over 7,000 signatures, even though there has been no actual official confirmation from the SJG or anyone associated with the internationally-acclaimed blogger that she's making such an unsolicited album. 
Until today, that is. "Listen, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I was just kidding around, threatening to make an entire album as Ethel to drown out the incessant sound of nauseating political ads screaming at me from the TV all weekend long. There's this issue, that issue, this candidate, that candidate. Don't they know I voted weeks ago? A person could lose her mind. Clearly, my public, not to mention unidentified members of my family, but I think I know who they are, has spoken. Quite frankly, I'm a little hurt. In time, I'll get over it. Then again, I may not. On this topic, I remain undecided." 

2 comments:

  1. You will swell
    You'll inflate
    'Cause you'll eat all the food
    on your plate
    You'll eat this
    You'll eat that
    Honey everything's coming up blintzes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise visit!!!!! Love it xo

    ReplyDelete