Thursday, November 29, 2018

Weather I'm Right, Weather I'm Wrong

Dear SJG,
I'm scared. I just went outside and the ground was wet and there were drops coming down. I think the sky was crying and now I'm having a little bit of a reality challenge. I'm staying inside until you can clarify this situation.
Thanks,
Louise in Las Palmas
Dear Louise,
Can you blame the sky for geshri'n? There's plenty to emote about, atmospherically speaking. I, too, being fairly observant, noticed the precipitation from above and felt an onset of confusion. I didn't know what to do, other than what I always do at these times. I started singing "It's Raining Men," and dancing around the palatial estate like no one was watching, except for my well-paid security staff and they're used to me by now. Yet even amidst my "Weather Girls" revelry, I felt eternally grateful that there were, in fact, no men falling from the clouds and plopping down at my doorstep, uninvited. In theory, it may sound fun, but we both know that the soggy menfolk would want to come in and they'd leave puddles on the bamboo floor and ruin the rug and then they'd expect towels or maybe a hot bath, and later they'd need a sandwich and a beer, and not to overly generalize here, but let's face it, within two seconds of their drippy arrival, there'd be sports on the TV, and seriously, I just couldn't take it and would lose my ka-ka and wind up shoving an umbrella up someone's unsuspecting behind. Ouch! So to clarify, it's not raining men, thank God, it's just raining rain, but I promise if you sing out, Louise, you'll feel better.
You're Welcome,
The SJG

No comments:

Post a Comment