Monday, July 29, 2019

Missing You

Lately, I've been lost like a satellite floating through space, ever since DirecTV bumped CBS from my flatscreen. You know how I take these things personally. I've even offered to help end this silly standoff. I've dropped off a supersized kugel. I've suggested ways for them to make nice. I've called, I've texted, I've hashtagged my pleas. My heartfelt efforts have accomplished zilch. Sure, I'm one of 6.5 million viewers going without, but this blog is about me, dammit. Don't the bigwigs get it? I'm suffering. Stephen Colbert, James Corden and that nice Jane Pauley on Sunday Morning are members of my Mental Health Team. They level me out. They keep me sane. Meanwhile, the battle over fees and whatnot rages on, depriving the SJG of joy.

But please, don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I'll just be sitting in the dark...

... waiting for my TV friends to return.

I think I miss you most of all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment