Friday, July 26, 2019

Silliness Spoken Here

It's true, the SJG has been known to say the silliest non-sequitors in the history of personkind. You don't believe me? Look it up. Now and then, my brain skips a beat or three and off I go to Nonsense Land. Take the time, years ago, when I made the following announcement, while in the throes of preparing a festive meal for the sons:

"I'm FAX-ing the Corn!!!!"

For clarification, what I was actually doing was microwaving the corn. I'll never forget the adorable look of alarm on their boyish punims, FAX-ing each other a message of uh-oh-Mom's-having-another-breakdown. Last night at dinner, I do believe I topped myself, when I turned to my sweet angel daughter-in-law, pointed to the salad bowl... 

And said... 

"Would you like some more ice cream?"

"Oh, are you thinking about dessert?" she asked, politely. "Always," I said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment