Thursday, June 21, 2012

At Last We Meet

"I can't believe I finally get to meet the SJG." -- John Irving
Well, this is embarrassing.  In all his interviews promoting his new book, "In One Person," Mr. John Irving keeps revealing that the one person he really wants to meet is, who else, the SJG of Sherman Oaks.  "I hear she's rather delightful," he tells Entertainment Weekly.  "Very few people know this, but I've always had an infinity for short Jewish gals.  Actually, one gal in particular.  I've felt this for a while now, ever since I googled 'How To Make A Great Kugel,' and there she was, sharing her recipe with the world.  What a generous soul.  What a giver.  And now that I'm 70, it's about time I finally get to meet this enchantress."  You can relax, John.  The big moment is almost here.  Tonight you'll get your chance to meet and greet the wonder that is the SJG.  I'm willing to schelp all the way to the Aero Theater in Santa Monica to make it happen. But please, John, I beg you.  Keep the gushing to a minimum.  I don't want to make hubby too jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment