Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Flip-Flop Thief

SJG: I'd like to report a crime. 
Operator:  Go ahead, ma'am.
SJG: This crazed animal stole my son's flip-flop.  It's hanging out of his mouth.  I'm really scared!
Operator:  Your son's mouth?
SJG:  No, the animal's mouth.  He's drooling everywhere.  I have to get that flip-flop back or my son'll freak out!
Operator:  Calm down, ma'am.  Where is this all taking place?
SJG:  My house.
Operator:  Whereabouts?
SJG:  Sherman Oaks.  Oh, no, he's chewing on the leather. 
Operator:  What kind of animal is it? 
SJG:  I'm not sure.  But it's really hairy. 
Operator:  Is it big and black, like a bear?
SJG: No.
Operator:  Does it have antlers?
SJG:  Let me check.  No, I don't see any antlers.
Operator:  So it's not a deer.
SJG:  No. 
Operator:  Is it a lion?
SJG:  We don't have lions in Sherman Oaks.
Operator:  What about a coyote, ma'm? 
SJG:  Hmm.  Could be.  I'm afraid to get too close.
Operator:  What's it doing now?
SJG:  He's literally eating the flip-flop. 
Operator:  He must be very hungry.
SJG:  I know!  I'm really in a panic here.  Help!
Operator:  Alright, ma'am, I'll send a car right over.
SJG:  Hurry!  He's going for the other flip-flop now.  Oh dear God...
Operator:  Hang in there.  Don't do anything rash.  We're sending a car now.


No comments:

Post a Comment