Sunday, June 3, 2012

Live, Laugh, Love

At "Follies" with my brother John.   We first saw it in 1971.
Some folks stay home and scream at the TV while the Kings win game two of the Stanley Cup Finals.   Some folks go see "Follies" with John and Tim.
Tim calmly accepts the news of John's pending nuptials.
I wish I could post the photo of the three of us, but the gal my brother foisted his phone at and said, "Take a photo of us," did issue a warning: "I can barely see out of one eye."  It came out a little fuzzy, and a fuzzy SJG is unacceptable. So there's that.  But even without photographic proof that the three of us where there on a cultural outing together, you'll just have to believe me.  On the way to see "Follies," John shared an exciting update, in time for the Queen's Jubilee.  He fully intends to marry Prince Harry.  "At the Royal Court, they'll identify me as the Old Bald Jew." "I'm so happy for you," I said.  "I'll start practicing my wave."  Tim, who's been with John for over 10 years, took the news rather well, offering to help pick out the perfect venue for the occasion.  As of now, the Royal Hawaiian Arms in Koreatown is a strong contender.

6 comments: