Friday, June 29, 2012

Have Snark, Will Travel

When Ann Curry cried on the Today Show, the SJG cried.  I'm such an easy mark at the moment.  I'm a weeper, it's true.  If you cry in front of me, I guarantee, I will cry, too.  It doesn't matter what you're upset about, I will go there with you.  What I'm saying is, nothing gets the SJG waterworks going more than watching someone else sob-a-roonie.  Am I sad to see Ann Curry go?  No, not really.  But she cried, so I cried.  Even though it's not a big loss for me, personally.  She's a nice gal, no question, but sooooo earnest.  She has no edge, no snark.  During her short stint as co-host, she never once gave Matt Lauer the requisite, "You're so full of sh*t" look made famous by Katie Couric and perfected by Meredith Viera.  I wonder why Meredith didn't help Ann out with this, before she departed, why she didn't coach her or take her aside and say, "Listen, babe, you need to bitch up to survive this gig.  You've got to call Lauer on his sh*t." So, that's that, Ann.  Off you go.  They've booted you upstairs to travel the world and report earnestly on the global mess.  As for your replacement, word has it that Savannah Guthrie's got it in the bag.  But she has no spark with Matt Lauer, either.  She's all business.  So  before NBC makes it official, I'd like to put it out there that the SJG is available.  I'd kill as co-host.  Spread the word, bleeps.  SJG for co-host! Tip a canoe with this little Jew!  Okay, fine, the slogan needs work, but you know I'm right.

4 comments:

  1. I'll tip your canoe! Complete agree on Ann. Nice woman but no edge and got flustered a lot. Not that crazy about Savannah either. We need someone with gravitas, aka a few more years under her belt. You'd be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my devoted friend, but the canoe has tipped without me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I am quiet new in Jewish, looking around for some Jewish information> Got something important here. Nice to get it.
    This piece goo.gl/DT6FN of video helped me forgive and let go of my frustration.

    ReplyDelete