Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blintz vs. Kugel

 "Don't forget the eggs," I tell hubby, as he heads out to buy a new vacuum.  "I forgot to buy eggs," I tell Carla over the phone.  "What are you making?"  "Kugel.  I find that kugel travels better than blintz souffle, and you can quote me on that."  "I'll embroider it on a pillow.  Kugel travels well, Blintz souffle, not so much," Carla says. "Blintz souffle is so pretty when you take it out of the oven," I go on.  "It's all poofy and pretty and everyone goes 'ahh!"  "And then it deflates, along with the faces of the guests," Carla says.  As usual, she speaks the truth.  "I can't bring a deflated blintz souffle to Father's Day," I say.  "I hear kugel travels better," Carla says.  I couldn't agree more.  Whatever you nosh on, Happy Daddy's Day.

3 comments:

  1. Kan't wait for your Kugel!

    Happy Father's Day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to the men in your life who are daddies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blintz souffle wouldn't travel well here either: It'd never make it to the car!

    ReplyDelete