Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Boy's Desk

Let's get ready to rumble!
Before the old desk goes bye-bye, to make room for the particle board crap desk from the random catalog, a desk that probably won't fit in the room and will wind up deconstructed, the SJG spent time sorting through drawers that haven't been opened in at least eight years, on account of the drum set blocking it.  (That may be the longest sentence I've ever written, and the caffeine hasn't even kicked in yet.)  Here's what I found in a place that was once marked Top Secret:  plastic wrestler dudes, comic books, walkie talkies, colored pens, dried up markers, rubber balls, a mini-Torah, rocks, rocks and more rocks, baseball cards, pennies, dimes, arcade tokens, Goosebumps book called "Vampire Breath," Pokemon watch, and a sign written in purple and green letters with the following message for Scotty's older brother:  SHUT THE @#$% UP BILLY.  Scotty has no memory of writing this sign, but I'm sure he was heated when he wrote it.  This sign has inspired me, immensely.  I propped it up on the table so that Billy could see it as soon as he came over.  He asked to take it to work and put it on his desk.  I told him no.  The sign has taken up residence on my desk.  And now I'm thinking of asking Scotty to design a whole series of signs.  I want a sign for the market.  "Move Your @#$%'n Cart Out of My Way!" I want a sign for traffic.  "I Hope You Wrap Your Car Around a Pole, Mutha-@#$%a!" I want a sign for cell-phone yakkers.  "Get the @#$% off the phone!"  Coming soon:  Hostility Signs for those special occasions when you're just too pissed off to speak.
Aw! So that's where the mini-torah's been hiding!

4 comments:

  1. If the walkietalkies still work I've always wanted them please.

    Sadly I'm not kidding.

    Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if they work, but they're yours, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky that's all you found!

    ReplyDelete