Saturday, October 6, 2012

I'm Not An Elephant...

I am a Hu-Mom being!
Dear SJG,
Whatever is a Hu-Mom?  Have you written about this one yet? Oy vey...do we qualify? Meet the pre-reqs? Are there crash courses in becoming a Hu-Mom?  Do we want to be one? I am so confused, can you research it , blog, and make it go away. Sounds epidemic to me!
Thanks,
Anne

Dear Anne,
I have no freaking idea what you're talking about.  I've never seen this newfangled hybrid.  Why are you bothering me with this?  Don't you know how busy I am?  Fine.  Let me check it out and get back to you.  I'm back.  Here's the dealio.  Apparently, a HuMom is how social media-inclined dogs with their own Twitter accounts refer to their female pet owners. "I'm out with my HuMom.  She could use a bath. LOL." How deeply disturbing is this?  Very!  Is Dusty twittering about me, his HuMom, when I'm out?  As in, "Where' my HuMom?  That bitch owes me a treat and a walk." So, in answer to your question, I'm afraid I may be a HuMom in training.  True, Dusty doesn't have his own Facebook page, but I suppose he could learn how to Twitter with his paws, if I had the patience to teach him, which I don't.  Plus, the fact that I repeatedly say things to him all day, like, "Come to Mommy," and, "Mommy's going to take you for a walk now," would indicate that I'm part of this bizarre species of humans who adore their animals just a little bit more than their children.  Something tells me you may also fall into this category.
You're welcome,
The SJG

1 comment:

  1. And me too...after lots of digestive problems, my dog gets organic duck and chicken, adjusted for nutritional value with the right amount of vegetables at great expense, delivered in frozen packs. Husband gets a fried egg and a request to give the dog some fresh water when he gets in from work...

    ReplyDelete