Thursday, October 4, 2012

Take A Shot

"Sit down, and the nurse will be with you shortly."
"Where's the chair?"
"Next to the blood pressure machine."
So I sat down next to the blood pressure machine and across from the imported cheese, and just to the right of the flowers.  Tucked into this tiny spot, I waited like a good girl, hoping no one ran into me with a cart.  Of all the wonderful advances since the SJG arrived on this wacky planet, the ability to get a flu shot at Ralphs is something I never would've foreseen.  I'm used to getting stuck with the bill here, not a needle. Ba-dump-bump!
"Try to relax," the nurse said, "it might sting."
I looked away, and contemplated the lovely selection of Brie and Jarlsberg.  I took a deep breath and felt a little pinch.
"All done."
"Do I get a lollypop?"
"No," the nurse said, "but we're have a sale today on fresh strawberries.  Here's a coupon."

2 comments:

  1. I got my flu shot last week at Walgreens. No strawberries but the lady had a nice touch with the needle.

    ReplyDelete